Tuesday, September 8, 2015

My play SISTER CALLING MY NAME to open in Minneapolis...

Here's a little personal horn tooting...

My play Sister Calling My Name opens October 16th at the Open Window Theatre in Minneapolis.   I thought I'd announce the production in case there's some readers of this blog who are within striking distance and who might be interested in seeing it.



For a full description of the play and for reserving tickets go to the theatre's website.

The play won the National Play Award several years ago and has been produced all over the country and Canada in productions large and small.  What makes this staging special is that the play is set in Minnesota (my home state) and this will be the Minnesota premiere.

I also appreciate that the theatre has brought me in on early production meetings and are flying me out for rehearsals the week of the opening.  I'll be doing Q & A's with the audience opening weekend, October 16 and 17.  I would rate Open Window as definitely playwright friendly.  

If you manage to catch the production, I'd love to get your feedback.

                                   *                    *                   *                   *


I'm the Program Director of the low-residency MFA in Writing for Stage and Screen being offered by the New Hampshire Institute of Art.  Our next residency runs January 3-11, 2016 and we are now considering applications for starting the program in January.  I'm also a playwright and screenwriter, producing partner in my production company Either/Or Films (The Sensation of Sight and Only Daughter), and a professional script consultant.

No comments:

Post a Comment